Photos by Lynette Haaland, Four Points News
Vandegrift High School Band & Vision Dance Company is hosting its annual March-a-Thon parade this Saturday, July 31 until noon.
The 2021-22 Viper band and Vision Dance continues the annual tradition of kicking off the new school season by marching and performing through the streets of Steiner Ranch for four hours.
Vandegrift HS Band has received many significant awards this past year and a half and we have two very busy years ahead.
List of achievements, awards, and future engagements:
- 2019 Bands of America Grand National Champion
- 2019 The Sudler Shield award administered by the John Philip Sousa Foundation
- 2020 The Sudler Flag of Honor award administered by the John Philip Sousa Foundation
- Performing at all VHS football games, UIL 6A State Marching Contest Oct 30.
- Performing at The 2021 Midwest Clinic December 17, 2021 in Chicago, IL
- Marching in the 2022 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City, NY