Sixteen Vandegrift Vipers are advancing to the 2022 DECA International Career Development Conference in Atlanta next month.
Thirteen DECA students competed at the Texas DECA Career Development Conference in Houston February 24-26.
“It was cold and dreary outside but our Vandegrift emerging leaders and entrepreneurs were on fire,” according to Kari Michalek, one of VHS advisors. VHS teachers Nick Benson and Erin Lucas also advise DECA.
13 Vipers advance from state
- Jai Reddy in Automotive Services Marketing Series
- Anaika Eledath & Nivitha Kandula in Buying and Merchandising Team Decision Making
- Bryan Dam & Lahari Suraparaju in Integrated Marketing Campaign – Event
- Ashritha Chandy & Kaya Kimball in Integrated Marketing Campaign – Service
- Cynthia Chen in Marketing Communications Series
- Camilo Gonzalez, Wes Nickerson & Michael Vanston in Project Management Business Solutions
- Arianna Brar in Professional Selling Event
- Anya Chawla in Professional Selling Event
Additionally, three VHS DECA students qualified to go to 2022 Atlanta ICDC in the virtual business competition. Shane Moe, Jerry Lou and Eric Chan qualified with their success in the Virtual Business Challenge – Restaurant Series. They competed against DECA students from all over the U.S. through two tough rounds of business simulation challenges and are one of two restaurant teams to triumph in Texas, Benson said.
Vipers finalists at state:
- Anya Bhandari & Uma Menon in Entrepreneurship Team Decision Making
- Avani Singh in Financial Consulting
- Lillienne Hiduke in Hospitality and Tourism Professional Selling
- Sahir Ahmed, Milan Patel & Krishna Sura in International Business Plan
- Kyle Wilson in Professional Selling Event